We try to record all your visitors. However, there are several cases where your visitors might not be recorded:
- You reached your recordings limit for the current month. For more information about the limits of different Smartlook packages, check our pricing page.
- You have a Free package and have reached your limit of simultaneous recordings. With Free packages, we record a maximum of 10 visitors at the same time, which means that the 11th (or 12th, or 20th) simultaneous visitor on your website doesn’t get recorded. For more information about the limits of the different Smartlook packages, check our pricing page.
- Your website is in a test environment (a.k.a. localhost), a restricted website, an intranet, or located on a private VPN. The website must be fully accessible from the Internet so visitor recording data can be retrieved on our servers.
- A visitor uses a browser that isn’t supported. Check our list of supported browsers.
- A visitor is using a browser plugin to block ads and scripts.
- A visitor opted out of Smartlook.
- A visitor is still browsing your website. Finished recordings will be displayed up to half an hour after the visitor leaves your website. (This is why you might see the visitor in Google Analytics but not in Smartlook.)
NOTE: If a visitor leaves the page and returns within 30 minutes, this can be shown as 2 different visits in other analytics tools, however in Smartlook it will be recorded in the same session.